User Experience Lead
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Company SummaryTaking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryCustomer Experience, TechnologyTarget Openings1Job
Description SummaryTravelers is looking for a UX Lead to deliver
best-in-class experiences for our customers in Personal Insurance.
This person will lead the creation of elegant and engaging
solutions to complex business challenges across native mobile app
and web. Partnering with senior leaders on a project including
product management, engineering, and business stakeholders, they
will deliver solutions that fulfill on key customer experience and
business goals. Our work ranges from enhancements to new ecosystem
experience, etc. As a leader in the practice, they play a large
role in the success of the team and in driving experience strategy
in Personal Insurance.
A UX Lead leads their teams on key projects through discovery,
design, and development, and producing holistic solutions that
optimize the experience across various mediums and channels
(internal and external facing platforms, software, voice, etc.). As
part of a small but growing team of 9 User Experience (UX)
professionals the UX Lead will work to review work in-flight, lead
research and design sessions, and partner with cross-functional
teams to ensure that the work being produced is of high-quality and
meets our experience and business goals. This resource will
continuously work to gain fresh insights and leverage them to drive
design direction or improve existing designs. They persistently
look for new design practices, customer and user trends, and
marketing and brand insights to deliver optimized experiences.
More specifics on the focus of the role will shared in the
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
support flexibility. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to strategy and business architecture in
collaboration with other functional area leaders.
- Serves as the key point of accountability for UX efforts at the
portfolio level, covering multiple programs and projects. Advocates
for user-centered design approaches and priorities.
- Helps to recruit and grow a team of outstanding UX
professionals by providing vision, coaching, and mentorship.
- Helps to create a dynamic team environment by fostering
collaboration, experimentation, agility, and vigorous inquiry,
while maintaining high expectations and attention to detail.
- Helps to create and evolve design systems and best practices
that account for user needs and context, while reinforcing brand
values and standards. May collaborate across the enterprise to
establish and promote these standards.
- Ensures adherence to UX guidelines within a portfolio of
programs and projects.
- Participates in the development of processes for UX resource
engagement with project teams during ideation, prioritization,
development, and quality assurance phases.
- Ensures research, visual design, information architecture, and
interaction design roles are adequately resourced.
- Plans and may conduct user research, usability testing efforts,
and competitive research and analysis. Reports research findings to
stakeholders. Translates these findings into design solutions.
- Oversees delivery of, and typically creates, artifacts that
include personas, journey maps, user workflows, information
architecture, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, within
project timelines and budgets.
- Typically manages vendor relationships for outsourced UX
- Staff management functions include, but are not limited to,
coaching, training, planning and performance management in a
supportive, team oriented, collaborative manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors,
social sciences or related field or 5 years of User Experience work
experience required.Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typical incumbent experience level 5+ yearsJob Specific
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication, organization, time management and
- Familiarity or basic understating of web-based
- Experience with wireframing / prototyping software.
- Experience in conducting end user research and
interviews.Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel OccasionallyEmployment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences. -
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
- Travelers has 30,000 employees in the United States, Canada,
the United Kingdom, Ireland and Brazil. > > Explore life at
- We have 8 diversity networks, employee-led organizations
dedicated to fostering the development and success of our
employees. > > Discover diversity and inclusion .
- Employees and their eligible family members - including
spouses, domestic partners and children - are eligible for coverage
from the first day of employment. > > Explore benefits .
- Travelers has been recognized by organizations such as Forbes,
Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and Military Times. > >
Read more about recognition .
- Our employees are valuable assets to their hometowns, giving
more than 100,000 hours of their time toward important causes each
year. > > Learn about community involvement .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Hartford , User Experience Lead, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!