Accounts Payable Coordinator, Weatogue CT
Company: Vesta Corporation
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Founded in 1981, Vesta has grown to one of the top affordable
housing property management companies in the country. Currently, we
have over 9200 apartment homes in 54 communities spanning 7 states
and Washington DC. As a result of our continuing growth, Vesta is
excited to introduce a new and exciting opportunity. We are
currently seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator, who will be
responsible for processing invoices, payments and management of
expense accounts and budget reports. Expectations of this position
are, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the processing of accounts payable and cash
disbursements for Vesta and Vesta entities.
- Resolving vendor issues as needed.
- Ensuring timeliness, accuracy and compliance to applicable
state sales tax regulations.
- Ensuring consistent coding within the established chart of
- Responsible for mailing out approved disbursements and other
correspondence related to accounting.
- Responsible for maintaining professional vendor
contact/relationships, to include communication of correct billing
address, obtaining invoices and billing statements, resolving
payment related issues and communicating non-payment related issues
to the Contracts Manager.
- Reconcile vendor statements, including resolution of
- Import all property invoices into electronic payables system,
code with correct vendor, G/L account, expense type, etc.
- Monitor and resolve questions and issues for open payable
transactions in workflow.
- Oversee timely approval of POs, including communicating
approval lags greater than 48-hours, accurate receipt of goods,
correct vendor and G/L coding, 3-way match of PO, receipt and
invoice, and change order submission when necessary.
- Review, verify and post approved invoices. Depending on role,
these invoices may be generated by a third party. When applicable,
act as liaison with third party servicer, operations team and
accounting team with analysis, reporting, invoice copies and issue
- Responsible for processing and issuing annual IRS form 1099 to
vendors for assigned entities.
- Research and resolve any resulting IRS notices.
- Maintain files in accordance with Vesta and/or State record
retention policy (whichever is greater).
- Other tasks include filing, copying/scanning, mailing and
assisting with special projects. May be responsible for
administration of vendor account access.
- Support Contracts Manager and accounting team as needed.
- Administer an automated T&E tool (such as Concur or
equivalent) with built in approval structure that can be assessed
by all employees and eliminate paper T&E reporting.
- Be a subject matter expert to roll out tool use and work with
support staff to resolve questions/issues. .
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- high degree of attention to detail;
- highly motivated and able to work independently and within a
- takes initiative;
- superior internal and external interpersonal and communication
- ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to
complexity and time-sensitivity;
- excellent organizational and proofreading skills;
- analytical skills;
- ability to work in a flexible and production oriented
- advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products; specifically
Excel Workbook with multiple linked spreadsheets and the
- knowledge and/or experience in general ledger accounting
- High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree
- Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP) certification
Keywords: Vesta Corporation, Hartford , Accounts Payable Coordinator, Weatogue CT, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!