Company: Phoenix Companies Inc.
Posted on: May 11, 2022
This position will provide advanced executive administrative
support to our CFO - requiring broad experience, skills, and
knowledge of organizational operations, policies, and practices. In
this role the EA must be able to exercise discretion and
independent judgment with respect to matters of significance for
the organization. S/he must have the ability to multi-task with
impeccable attention to detail in a fast paced, deadline driven
environment, with an innate ability to communicate effectively with
all levels of management and peers. This is an exciting opportunity
for a self-starter seeking a dynamic role.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage multiple projects at one time with the ability to maintain
a realistic balance among multiple, potentially competing
* Perform a variety of administrative tasks that include: managing
an active calendar, planning and facilitating meetings, compiling
and researching content for meetings, completing expense reports
and composing, preparing, and prioritizing correspondence.
* Must be able to anticipate and solve for challenges to ensure the
most strategic use of the executive's time.
* Prepare presentation materials, with a key focus on
* Organize and coordinate administrative duties related to certain
company assets and resources, such as company equipment, stocking
of supplies, working with vendors, and other duties as needed or
assigned. Ability to represent company in dealings with third
* Arrange travel and submit expenses as needed; identify errors and
* Model leadership in building relationships crucial to the success
of the organization.
* Demonstrate ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of
situations, with strong written and verbal communication,
administrative, and organizational skills
* Ability to work independently and operate under pressure while
handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with
* Support and assist team members in the department.
* Lead various aspects of office management.
* Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Bachelor's degree preferred. Will consider the equivalent
combination of experience and education.
* 7-10 years' administrative experience supporting senior
* Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform
and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention
* A team player with exceptional customer service skills.
* Expertise in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint,
Excel, and Outlook. Expert skills with PowerPoint are
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including
correspondence and presentations; ability to interact with
individuals at all levels internally and externally.
* Must be flexible and available with respect to working
* Flexible and adaptable, excellent interpersonal skills; ability
to work on site Monday through Friday, and travel to other offices
* Ability to anticipate needs, prioritize assignments, meet
deadlines and focus on critical deliverables
* Adept at working independently; demonstrated ability to work and
thrive in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment.
* Results-driven, resilient in the face of obstacles and varied
* Demonstrate good judgment, confidentiality, and integrity.
Nassau maintains a holistic compensation philosophy focused on
competitive base salaries, performance driven incentives, and
unique professional development opportunities. The combination of
compensation, benefits, and an entrepreneurial culture along with
related experiences is key to recruiting and retaining talent. Our
compensation system is designed to reward performance, support
development and job growth, and compensate individuals relative to
their contribution to our organization. The compensation for this
position falls within Nassau's salary band E: $65,000-$150,000.
Visit our Careers page and apply online at www.nfg.com.
Nassau was founded in 2015 and carries a tradition dating to 1851.
Our business covers three segments: insurance, reinsurance, and
asset management, and our capabilities include life insurance and
annuity products, real estate investments, collateralized loan
obligations and other asset management specialties, and
reinsurance. As part of a young and growing financial services
enterprise, our employees are tapping into a new entrepreneurial
spirit while they build on a long track record of putting customers
first, understanding the evolving income and protection needs, and
developing quality products to meet those needs.
Nassau provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Phoenix Companies Inc., Hartford , Executive Assistant, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!