Sr. Systems Engineer
Company: Doosan Corporation
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Responsible for the
planning of technical design, system integration, cost and risk
assessment, and compliance assessment of technological systems.
Collaboration with the product office to define system and
component level requirement, and to develop an architecture that
satisfies those requirements. Typical technically-driven systems
tasks include requirements management, concept design including
trade studies, steady-state mass and energy balance, dynamic
modeling and analysis, failure mode analysis, control synthesis,
and verification/validation testing and analysis. The Systems group
is involved throughout the entire product life cycle, from concept
to field support. Accountable for the support and advancement of
entire systems projects, programs, research and operational
results.A focus of this role is the ongoing personal and career
develop of the systems engineering staff. This role is for a fully
developed professional able to work without direct guidance or
direction from others. Responsible for several components of a
project, or a complex component of a larger project. Role &
- Perform systems-focused tasks such as steady-state modeling,
dynamic modeling, failure mode analysis/troubleshooting, control
synthesis, and verification/validation testing.
- Focus on variance resolution utilizing root cause analysis and
ensure lesson's learned are captured in process revision and
- Proactively identify patterns in conflicting information and
constructively resolve the conflict(s) in a manner that minimizes
impact and rework.
- Generate subsystem and component requirements from the
established high level (parent) requirements within the
requirements management software tool.
- Determine/Assess product performance against requirements via a
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines as required and
appropriate to coordinate systems activities and ensure thorough,
accurate documentation of those activities.
- Ensure all systems work has been validated and thoroughly
documented prior to release.
- Conduct trade studies that compare concepts against one another
in a quantifiable manner.
- Establish control requirements pertaining to issues such as
undershoot, overshoot and settling time.
- When quality issues arise in the factory or the field, utilize
techniques such as DIVE, Fault Tree, Red X, and Seven Diamonds to
isolate root cause, mitigate the issue, and ensure the issue is
corrected. Job RequirementEducation & Experience
- BS degree with 6-8+ years of experience
- MS degree with 3-5+ years of experience
- PhD degree with 0-2+ years of experience Knowledge & Skill
- In-depth knowledge of the discipline and the role.
- Substantial systems understanding, know-how and expertise.
- Solid mechanical engineering background
- Provide cross-functional guidance and expertise.
- Contribute to the team and the department by applying knowledge
of one or more functional areas, in addition to Systems
- Excellent, demonstrable organizational and communication skills
- Strong focus on teamwork, teambuilding and employee
development. OthersThis position requires on-site work with the
possibility of remote work.All personal information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.Questions can be addressed
through the HR department at (860) 727-2019.
Keywords: Doosan Corporation, Hartford , Sr. Systems Engineer, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!