Auto Physical Damage Claim Representative Trainee - New Hire Bonus
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a
nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries
for this role across the country. The actual salary for this
position will be determined by a number of factors, including the
scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education,
training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other
conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation
and benefits program, employees are also eligible for
performance-based cash incentive awards.
$38,000.00 - $62,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Great things on the Horizon! New Hire Bonus after 30 days -
Milestone Bonus after promotion - Join the Travelers Team
This position is part of a formal training program to advance to a
Auto claim representative position. This position is intended to
develop skills for investigating, evaluating, negotiating and
resolving claims on losses of lesser value and complexity. Provides
quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle (customer
contacts, coverage, investigation, evaluation, reserving,
negotiation and resolution) including maintaining full compliance
with internal and external quality standards and state specific
regulations. As part of the hiring process, this position requires
the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further
information regarding the assessment including an accommodation
process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy
is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
By joining the Travelers teams as a Auto Physical Damage Claim Rep
Trainee you can look forward to a new hire bonus of $3000 payable
at or around 30 days from your date of hire. Additionally, in
recognition of successful completion of training, you will also be
eligible for a milestone bonus of $2,000 which will be payable at
or around your time of promotion from a Claim Rep Trainee. That's
an additional $5,000!
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Completes required training program which includes the overall
instruction, exposure, and preparation for employees to progress to
the next level position. It is a mix of online, virtual, classroom,
and on-the-job training. The training may require travel.
- The on the job training includes practice and execution of the
following core assignments:
- Participates in on-going training sessions for the inside auto
- Works closely with Unit Manager or mentor to promptly resolve
- Customer Contacts/Experience:
- Delivers consistent service quality throughout the claim life
cycle, including but not limited to prompt contact, explaining the
process, setting expectations, on-going communication,
follows-through and meeting commitments to achieve optimal outcome
on every file.
- Coverage Analysis:
- Reviews and analyzes coverage and applies policy conditions,
provisions, exclusions and endorsements for Auto Damage only claims
in assigned jurisdictions. Addresses proper application of any
deductibles and verifies benefits available and coverage limits
that will apply.
- Investigates each claim to obtain relevant facts necessary to
determine coverage, causation, extent of liability/establishment of
negligence, damages, contribution potential and exposure with
respect to the various coverages provided through prompt contact
with appropriate parties (e.g.. policyholders, accounts, claimants,
law enforcement agencies, witnesses, agents, etc.) Takes recorded
statements as necessary.
- Recognizes and requests appropriate inspection type based on
the details of the loss and coordinate the appraisal process.
Maintains oversight of the repair process and ensures appropriate
- Refers claims beyond authority as appropriate based on exposure
and established guidelines. Recognizes and forwards appropriate
files to subject matter experts (i.e., Subrogation, SIU, Property,
Adverse Subrogation, etc.).
- Establishes timely and maintains appropriate claim and expense
reserves. Manages file inventory and expense reserves by utilizing
an effective diary system, documenting claim file activities to
resolve claim in a timely manner.
- Determines settlement amounts based upon appraisal estimate,
negotiates and conveys claim settlements within authority limits to
insureds and claimants. As appropriate, writes denial letters,
Reservation of Rights and other necessary correspondence to
insureds and claimants.
- May provide support to other parts of Auto Line of Business
(e.g. Total Loss, Salvage, etc.) when needed.
- Insurance License:
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job,
acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required
to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally,
license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job
and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years of work OR
customer service related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response
to all assigned tasks - basic
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
managing multiple priorities - basic
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy - basic
- Keyboard skills and Windows proficiency, including Excel and
Word - Intermediate
- Verbal and written communication skills -Intermediate
- Analytical Thinking - Basic
- Judgment/Decision Making - Basic
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED and one year of customer service
experience OR Bachelor's Degree required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Auto Physical Damage Claim Representative Trainee - New Hire Bonus, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!