Company: Mercy Housing & Shelter Corp
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Community Housing Advocates An Affiliate of Mercy Housing &
Shelter Corp. and My Sisters' Place Job Title: Safety Monitor
Department: Friendship Center and Saint Elizabeth Programs Reports
To: Monitor Supervisor FLSA Status: Non-Exempt WORK TIMES/LOCATION
Tuesday - Saturday, 6:30AM - 2:30PM; 118 Main Street, Hartford,
POSITION SUMMARY Maintain the safety of the facilities of Mercy
Housing and Shelter Corporation.
- Admit visitors into the Friendship Center including checking
bags and scanning for contraband.
- Secure and lock the Friendship Center when not open to the
- Monitor visitors to the Diversion Center to ensure that they
are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Ensure visitors stay in designated areas.
- Deescalate situations and maintain control of individuals and
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property;
inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points permitting
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities.
- Inform visitors of policies and procedures.
- Interact with ambulance and police department according to
- Maintain all required necessary logs and ensure log reflects
the activities of the shift.
- Inform the supervisor of any problems and complete incident
- Handle any emergencies that arise during their shift, including
notification of managers.
- Maintain agency's stability and reputation by complying with
- Perform any other task that will assist the agency in carrying
out its mission.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES It is the responsibility of each Mercy
Housing and Shelter employee to:
- Treat all clients with dignity and respect, prioritize client
needs, and advocate for the people we serve.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Promote the human dignity, rights, safety, and wellbeing of
- Professionally and ethically handle agency and client
- Fulfill all responsibilities as a mandatory reporter.
- Display a positive attitude towards clients, programs, and the
- Demonstrate good communication with clients, supervisors,
peers, outside resources and family/guardians.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Punctually attend all assigned meetings, in-services and
- Demonstrate involvement as a team member.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, laws and
policies/procedures and know and understand your job
- Submit paperwork and meet job responsibility deadlines as
assigned. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of public safety and security procedures.
- Demonstrated attention to environment and detail.
- Ability to tactfully and professionally respond to potentially
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
certification and some work experience, preferable with homeless
persons, persons with mental illness and/or substance abuse.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required. Physical Requirements:
- Occasionally the employee must lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. The employee must demonstrate the ability to assist
physically disabled visitors in emergency evacuations and fire
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend at the waist frequently. Licenses and
- Must have valid Connecticut driver's license and clean driving
record with proof of automobile insurance. COVID-19 Vaccination
Required. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $16.50 per hour, based on experience plus generous incentive
- Community Housing Advocates provides a generous employee
benefits package, including medical, dental, retirement, short- and
long-term disability, and tuition reimbursement. Full-time
employees receive 26 days of PTO (paid time off) per year, plus 12
CHA, My Sisters' Place and Mercy Housing and Shelter Corporation is
an equal opportunity employer.Tuesday - Saturday
6:30AM - 2:30PM
Keywords: Mercy Housing & Shelter Corp, Hartford , Monitor, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!