AVP, Circle Lead, Onboarding & Service
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryTechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$144,800.00 - $238,900.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?Travelers Business Insurance (BI)
is seeking an AVP, Circle Lead / Team of Teams Lead to lead the
execution of transformative business strategies in an agile fashion
for our Onboarding and Service Circle within the Customer, Agent
and Employee Journey Value Stream. In this highly visible position,
you will reimagine the Customer Onboarding and Service experience,
evolve the North Star vision, and be a thought leader responsible
for managing and helping to develop the digital transformation
strategy and portfolio of capabilities spanning multiple agile
product teams. You will know and understand our customers and
agents to provide innovative digital experiences, drive digital
adoption and meet customer and agent expectations so they feel
valued and assured of their choice of Travelers. You will apply
strong business acumen and leadership in partnership with
technology counterparts to enable teams to achieve their goals,
partner with senior leadership to drive end-user value while
delivering results in service to business strategy.What Will You
- Lead, define, communicate and champion a large and complex body
of work spanning multiple agile teams (i. e. Team of Teams) working
toward common business outcomes typically impacting the entire line
- At this level, you generally lead:
- 5 - 15 teams (100 - 150 total people)
- Multiple complex business units or product lines/assets
- Extensive interdependencies
- Heightened delivery risk
- Emerging technologies, customer facing digital experiences
- Partner with Technology Circle Lead to manage and provide input
to define multi-team vision and strategy, including the business
architecture and roadmap for achieving the strategy, vision and
business outcomes; articulate the Circle / Team of Teams vision and
strategy effectively to teams and executive-level
- Effectively drive, manage, implement and track one or more
complex portfolios of deliverables and capabilities as well as
'test and learn'/experimentation targeted at defining/refining
future deliverables, measuring performance and adjusting the
overall roadmap of deliverables as needed.
- Prioritize interdependent team backlogs addressing risks and
dependencies (often spanning multiple Circle and Lines of
Businesses) to defined outcomes and ensuring overall alignment with
business strategy; make trade-off decisions to balance quality,
cost, and timelines to maximize value in context of circle and
value stream objectives.
- Identify innovative solutions both internally and in the
external marketplace; ensure competitive and industry benchmarking
of critical capabilities.
- Oversee and make data driven decisions related to funding and
resource allocation, and prioritization of work; make trade-off
decisions to balance quality, cost, and timelines to maximize
- Lead positive team dynamics, encourage collaboration and drive
appropriate levels of self-organization; Assess, utilize, and
partner with external resources and partners to meet agreed upon
expectations, as needed.
- Manage multi-team dynamics; remove impediments to teams success
and assist in conflict resolution, issue and dependency
- Build and foster collaborative relationships across other
Circles, business areas and with key partners, with the ability to
influence executive-level leadership.
- Share best practices with peers across the value stream to
ensure alignment and consistency in ways of working.
- Help grow agile maturity within and across teams.
- People-management responsibilities for team members and may
manage other Circle Leads.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Six years of experience in an agile/execution leadership role
delivering business solutions on a demanding schedule
- Five years of people leadership /management experience
- Strong business acumen and a deep strategic mindset
- Proven analytical skills and experience making decisions based
on hard and soft data preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the line of Business with the ability to
develop and leverage business and/or vendor partnerships, consult
on business priorities, and optimize value through solution
identification aligned with business objectives preferred.
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage,
respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices
and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Product Mindset: Focus on defining a product value proposition
that aligns with and supports the circle/value stream objectives
and which is the north star for the Circle.
- Change Agent: Expert change leadership skills including the
ability to create an inclusive environment, manage conflict and
develop solutions to mitigate risk.
- Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders at all
levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals
thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts,
practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a
cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually
improve, share learning with others and encourage team
development.What is a Must Have?
- Seven years of relevant business experience required.
- Four years of people leadership/ management experience
required.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members
including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for
coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Hartford , AVP, Circle Lead, Onboarding & Service, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!