Head of Data Strategy
Company: Global Atlantic Financial Group
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Head of Business Data Strategy will set overall vision and
drive execution of data management strategies and rapid evolution
of infrastructure required to run Individual Markets Analytics
Office in an optimal state. This is leadership role responsible for
creation of new Business Data Strategy team which will own data
management strategy, data warehousing, master data management and
selection of new data & analytical tools, technologies and
infrastructure. This person will work closely with business and
technology leaders to establish infrastructure, data quality
controls and ensure data is complete, accurate, governed and easily
accessible by business teams.
- Provide thought leadership and work with business and
technology teams to establish robust and scalable cloud-based data
architecture, modernize infrastructure and build self-service
- Foster cross-functional collaboration with business teams
within Individual Markets to identify common data requirements,
prioritize and manage data acquisition initiatives.
- Explore new analytics data assets and partner with Data Science
and Information Analytics teams within Analytics Office to run
proof of concepts aligned with organization business
- Develop roadmap for business data needs and oversee the overall
management of Individual Markets operational data assets required
for reporting and advanced analytics.
- Collaborate with external partner (TPA's) and Global Atlantic
technology team to develop infrastructure for easier access of data
housed within external partners infrastructure.
- Recommend solutions to stay abreast of current trends,
technologies and best practices both in data & analytics and
- Evaluate and recommend modern tools and services for customer
data platform and master data management to build holistic customer
- Lead a team of data engineer and business data associates to
establish best practices, standards, data catalog and data
governance framework for Analytics Office data warehouse.
- Manage and develop team by providing technical guidance and
- 8+ years of leadership experience with deep understanding of
data & analytics lifecycle (operational databases, data pipelining,
data quality controls, data profiling, data architecture, data
catalog, and self-service analytics enablement).
- Master's or bachelor's degree in computer science, data
science, technology, engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in insurance or annuity
- Previous experience working on or with data & analytics
- Experience working with different organization levels and
- Experience in distributed processing and traditional RDBMS
- Experience working across structured, semi-structured, and
- Experience working with cloud-based Redshift database and
on-premise Sybase IQ.
- Understanding of Salesforce data architecture is
- Excellent project management skills with proven track record of
meeting aggressive timelines.
- Ability to lead gathering of business requirements and design
complex data and process flows.
- Foundational knowledge of AWS architecture.
- Strong background with complex SQL queries and basic knowledge
- Previous hands-on experience in Business Intelligence platforms
(Tableau or Power BI)
- Experience working with Marketo, social media and third-party
data is preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel,
- Excellent communication skills, consultative approach and work
well in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill set.
- Initiative-taking, energetic, results-oriented, organized and
attention to detail.
Keywords: Global Atlantic Financial Group, Hartford , Head of Data Strategy, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!