Copywriter - Marketing
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to
enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan
servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator
and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education
expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers,
associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When
you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in
the success of each individual. That support comes through in our
work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for
people where they live, learn, and work.
Nelnet's in-house marketing agency is looking for a copywriter. Our
team, comprised of over 30 marketing professionals, supports the
marketing, advertising, and branding efforts for Nelnet's 24+
businesses. We produce effective, award-winning creative that moves
A Nelnet copywriter is responsible for writing creative copy and
collaborating with other members of the marketing team to concept
big ideas and produce engaging, effective campaigns for various
Nelnet businesses. In addition, a Nelnet copywriter also provides
proofreading and editing services, as needed. A Nelnet copywriter
works under the direct supervision of the Nelnet copy director.
1. Collaborate with the copy director and other marketing team
members to create compelling work that solves clients' challenges
and connects with their customers.
2. Produce bold, creative copy across a variety of marketing
3. Help develop and execute creative concepts and copy for various
Nelnet business lines.
4. Ensure all concepts meet business goals and marketing objectives
outlined in the creative brief and all copy adheres to brand
5. Review all creative concepts and copy for written accuracy
before final production.
6. Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and best
practices, including social media, and share that knowledge with
7. Assist in the research, development, and execution of social
1. Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, or related
1. 4-8 years professional copywriting experience, including
concepting, writing, editing, and proofreading.
2. Client presentation experience preferred.
3. A portfolio of work containing a wide range of creative ideas
and executions. Please provide a link or file with application.
1. Proven mastery of language and grammar.
2. Proven technical and promotional writing skills.
3. Excellent knowledge and understanding of AP Style.
4. Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
6. Ability to write for a wide range of industries and
7. Ability to write and edit under short deadlines.
8. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
9. Ability to lead other creative writers and interns.
10. Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
Colorado candidates pay range for this role: $55,000-$70,000
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA,
generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life
insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program,
employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement,
performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability,
and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our
benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive
Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified
applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during
employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national
origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a
guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran
status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable
accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet
may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting
at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Keywords: Nelnet, Hartford , Copywriter - Marketing, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!