Staffing Coordinator - Nurse Coordinators
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 22, 2022
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 24
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Work where every moment matters.Every day, over 30,000 Hartford
HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride
in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. - We invite you
to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare
network. - Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general
acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut,
that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000
residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut.CHH offers
personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and
physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical
partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient
environment.POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSECoordinates staffing schedules
within Med/Surg/Tele. - Maintains and troubleshoots staffing
matrix. - Provides administrative assistance to Managers of
Med/Surg/Tele. Maintains current per diem Med/Surg/Tele staff
listing.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS1. Maintains integrity of Med/Surg/Tele
- Acts as a resource for nursing administration on
- Compiles and maintains reports for Nursing Administration.
- Ensures data integrity for decision support when researching
and preparing requested staffing and Kronos reports.2. - -
Responsible for specific scheduling within Kronos.
- Inputs schedules for staff as assignment.
- Schedules selected staff as necessary to maintain designated
staffing levels.3. Works with the Nurse Managers to ensure
Med/Surg/Tele scheduling is adequate.
- Generates schedules for use by Nurse Managers in a
pre-determined time frame.
- Works with Nurse Managers to ensure that daily schedules are
reviewed for accuracy.
- Works with Nurse Managers to increase or decrease staff on
units as determined by patient census.
- Generates weekend schedules for review by Nurse
- Responsible, on a daily basis, for contacting available staff
to fill staff vacancies.
- Maintains current fan-out list of Med/Surg/Tele staff.
- Maintains current records on all nursing personnel, holiday
sick/absent time, and accurate per diem staff list.
- Works with Nurse Managers to coordinate vacation scheduling and
alerts Nurse Managers to Excessive vacation requests.4. - -
Maintains flexible Med/Surg/Tele staffing matrix.
- Works with Nurse Managers to provide the ability to flex staff
up or down.
- Responsible for coordinating emergency nursing staff in
declared disaster/weather emergency.5. - - Monitors timecards of
- Audits timecards for completion and accuracy. - Obtains Nurse
Manager approval for Kronos timecards, denoting that they are
- Assists Managers with bi-weekly payroll audit for
Med/Surg/Tele.6. Receives and directs telephone calls to
appropriate person regarding Med/Surg/Tele staffing.
- Messages are complete and accurate.
- Responds in a helpful way to all inquiries.
- Answers telephone by following Hospital etiquette guidelines.7.
Operates a variety of office equipment/software programs.
- Knowledge about PC, Fax, and printers; recognizes need for
- Microsoft Word - utilizes the full range of capabilities of
- Excel - able to create basic spreadsheets, manipulate
- Proficient in use of Power Point.8. Provides Med/Surg/Tele
Managers with general clerical support as directed.
- Prioritizes workload in order to respond to requests within
appropriate time frame.
- Establishes and maintains Med/Surg/Tele files and records on an
- Assists Managers with quality improvement data for
Med/Surg/Tele.9. Maintains supplies/inventory for Med/Surg/Tele.
- Checks office supplies and orders when necessary.10. -Attends
all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her
responsibilities related to general safety, department/service
safety, specific job-related hazards.
- All required safety education programs have been attended.
- Provides complete and accurate responses to safety
- Operates assigned equipment and performs all procedures in a
safe manner as instructed.
- Maintains work area and equipment in condition required by
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions.10. -
Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all fellow
employees and visitors to ensure a professional, responsible and
- Interacts with all of the above in a considerate, helpful and
courteous manner as observed by management and peers.
- Fosters mature professional relationships with fellow employees
in a courteous, friendly manner as measured by management
observation and peer input.
- Maintains professional composure and confidence during
- Maintains open communication using appropriate chain of command
- Conducts all work activities with respect for rights and wishes
of fellow employees.
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient
information at all times as observed by peers and management.
- Presents neat appearance in proper attire and identification as
required by the position, department, and Hospital policy.
- Continuously displays a "can do" attitude within the department
and across departmental lines to contribute to the overall customer
service program in place at the Hospital.11. - Promotes effective
working relations and works effectively as part of a
department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate
the departments/units ability to meet its goals and
- Participates in staff meetings as determined by Manager.
- Records, transcribes, and maintains minutes of staff
- Supports the Hospitals mission, policies and procedures through
attendance and participation at committee meetings, if
- Utilizes automated system to communicate inter and intra
departmentally, as appropriate.
- Completes work assignments on time/readily accepts assignments
as observed by Manager.
- Reports to work on time and is at work as scheduled, as
observed by Manager.12. Displays and upholds CHH core values of
dignity, compassion, service excellence, community and integrity. -
Consistently demonstrates caring for patients, for one another, and
for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building
trust, pride and camaraderie. - JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS,
AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTESInternal and external contact with all
necessary parties. Handles multiple priorities, independent
discretion/decision making, manages stress appropriately, works
alone effectively, works in close proximity to others and/or in a
distracting environment, works with others effectively. Attends all
mandatory education programs and can describe his/her
responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory
compliance. Attends all required department-specific education and
training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related
to department safety and specific job-related hazards. Follows the
hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
Attire is professional, neat, clean, and appropriate for the work
environment. Wears proper identification while on duty. Maintains
confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all
times, as observed by peers and management. Reports to work on time
and meets acceptable standard for attendance. Attends a minimum of
two staff meetings, reads minutes for all staff meetings, and
participates in committees as required. - Kronos, Meditech,
Advanced computer skills (Excel, Power Point and
Word)QualificationsEDUCATIONTwo (2) years of business college with
knowledge of manpower planning, scheduling, methods and techniques,
and familiarity with computer is highly desired.EXPERIENCEMust be
attentive to detail/accuracy. Establishes own work plan and
prioritizes using standard procedures to assure timely completion
of assigned work in conformance with department policies and
procedures.Ability to communicate effectively and document
information accurately. Ability to interact efficiently and
effectively with a wide variety of individuals. Basic computer
knowledge is preferred.We take great care of careers.With locations
around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities
for career development and growth. - Here, you are part of an
organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new
technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to
countless men, women and children. - We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
- Every moment matters. - And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Hartford , Staffing Coordinator - Nurse Coordinators, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!