AVP Data Science - Small Commercial
Company: Hartford Financial Services - ID:75
Posted on: November 27, 2022
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue
meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only
at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that
sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.Overview of
the PositionThe Hartford seeks energetic and passionate data
science leaders to build and create best in class data science
teams focused on industry leading modeling and analytic strategies.
Our data science leaders play a significant role partnering with
our businesses to better understand and improve the customer
journey while evolving the team's capabilities to further develop
impactful products and drive successful outcomes. As the Small
Commercial AVP, you will develop a strategic roadmap for the data
science community, collaborate with Small Commercial business
leaders to understand their short and long term goals and drive the
adoption of innovative products and solutions.As an AVP, you will
lead and create teams focused on best in industry modeling and
analytic solutions supporting a wide range of business areas
including underwriting, claims, operations, risk engineering, and
digital analytics. Our AVP's mentor, guide, motivate teams in
developing cutting edge solutions that feature engineering assets,
experimental design, as well as a modeling techniques and
abilities. Our Data Scientist toolbox consists of but not limited
to predictive Modeling Techniques, Machine Learning, Cognitive
Computing, Unsupervised learning, and Augmented intelligence. As a
leader you will support and explore these assets through customer
adoption and establishing a rhythm within the Data Science
- Oversee/develop a highly productive team of Data Scientist to
develop, test, validate, and maintain robust tools using supervised
and / or unsupervised techniques through new products and services,
customer segments, and competitive strategies.
- Collaborate and partner with business stakeholders to establish
a vision and create a culture that treats analytics as a cross
- Review work with leadership and partners on an ongoing basis to
calibrate deliverables against expectations
- Identify long term opportunities within the customer journey
through the creation of algorithms and machine learning techniques
to achieve financial objectives and solve problems.
- Develop strategies to achieve targeted business objectives.
Implement these strategies and follow through to successful
- Consult on innovative risk strategies using proprietary
systems/data sources to achieve extensive business goals and
- Present complex modeling to decision-makers that maximizes
knowledge transfer and b otto m - line impact of modeling
- Advance the departments capabilities by creating and deploying
long term tools to continually evolve the business to compete with
future market trends.
- Identify and assess the value of new data sources and
analytical techniques to ensure ongoing competitive advantage
- Remain current on research techniques and state of the art
- Work with teams to implement protocols for the efficient
capture/maintenance of data from numerous sources to maintain high
data quality standards
- Evangelize analytics opportunities of the company with
customers and business partners.Experience & Skills
- Master's or Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Actuarial
Science, Quantitative Economics or other similar analytical
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience in Research Function in
Insurance or Financial Services or related field.
- 5+ years directing a team, setting priorities and plans to meet
business goals and objectives.
- Experience in large scale operations environments (Claim
Centers, Call Centers, Manufacturing) a plus.
- Experience managing technical personnel in project based
- Expert subject matter expertise in data modeling
- Strong strategic thinking and exceptional analytical
- Strong verbal/written communication skills; Must be able to
communicate effectively at all levels across the organization
- Requires sophisticated business acumen in order to successfully
translate complex technical topics into business solutions and
- Demonstrated track record of executing change to core business
processes through the innovative use of quantitative
- Demonstrated project management experienceCompetencies
- Advanced negotiating, influencing, and conflict resolution
skills at all organizational levels
- Drive and commitment to what is necessary to get the job done
efficiently, thoroughly, and professionally.
- Innovative. Seeks new and creative ways to approach analytical
exercises and development projects.
- Results-oriented. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and
accountability for business issues.
- Customer focused. Builds effective relationships with internal
partners, including claims, actuarial, underwriting, operations,
and information technologyBehaviors at the Hartford
- Be Courageous - Take action big or small. Own it.
- Break Through - Be curious, transparent, and innovate together.
- Better the Experience - Demonstrate our true character to our
customers, co-workers, and communities. Live it.CompensationThe
listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of
similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could
vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors
including but not limited to performance, proficiency and
demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay
is just one component of The Hartford's total compensation package
for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual
bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The
annualized base pay range for this role is:$165,280 -
$247,920BenefitsOur company's success is due to our employees'
dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset.
That's why we are committed to offering employees and their
families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning
well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full
potential, we unlock our own. Visit
https://www.thehartford.com/careers/benefits for details.Equal
Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/AgeAVP Data
Science - GD05AE---Skills:
Keywords: Hartford Financial Services - ID:75, Hartford , AVP Data Science - Small Commercial, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!