FIELD SALES REP HARTFORD, CT
Company: PRIME SOURCE FOODS
Posted on: November 27, 2022
You will be joining a diverse team of the largest independently
owned, center-of-the-plate food distributors in New England and
Eastern New York. Providing a full line of quality products from
meats to vegetables, dairy, deli, frozen foods, and nonperishables,
backed by our reliable service and infallible commitment to our
customer's success. Whether you're looking for an order of choice
ribeye steaks or diced pork butt, you can source your meats from
the Prime Cutting Room-custom cut, packaged, and weighed to your
exact specifications.After completing a thorough training program
which includes technical training, product training, and
in-the-field sales training, you will transition into a role as a
Field Sales Representative. This position reports to a sales
manager.As a Field Sales Representative, you are the principal
point of contact between Prime Source Foods and its customers. You
ensure current customers have the right products and services,
identify new markets and customer leads, and develop prospective
customers. In many ways, you are the face of the company. You may
do everything from answering phones to monitoring the competition
while maintaining good customer relations and pursuing new sales
- MUST RESIDE IN HARTFORD OR THE SURROUNDING AREA.
- Regularly call on existing customers to help process orders and
generate new sales.
- Identify customer needs and expedites the resolution of
problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
- Plan and organize schedules to call on prospective new
- Reach out to new customer leads through cold calling.
- Collaborate with the accounting department to ensure the
collection of customer payments.
- Manage to price and monitor credit term compliance.
- Ensure excellent customer onboarding practices.
- Identify and minimize any potential disruption to customer
- Achieve agreed-upon Growth and/or Goss Profit targets within
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential
customers to meet their needs.
- Maintain detailed reports of sales activities including calls,
orders, sales, lost business, and any customer problems.
- Keep abreast of relevant food safety practices.Work Environment
and Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times. Preferred
- High school diploma or GED, BS/BA.
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance required access
to dependable means of transportation.
- 1-2 years of food industry experience.
- Technologically competent; familiar with MS Office, remote
internet connectivity, and ERP software.
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to put together and execute new business prospecting
- Proven negotiator, with demonstrated closing skills.Our VISION
is what we aspire to be in the future. We want to be New England's
most valued provider of center-of-the-plate products through
superior sourcing, product knowledge, and service options.Our
MISSION is what we do every day. We will meet our customer's needs
by providing flexible and efficient distribution services. Our
VALUES rule our behavior. Trust - Fairness - Respect - Honesty &
Teamwork.Perks at its Prime:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible and Dependent Care Spending Account
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, Long, and Short-Term Disability
- Permanent Life, Cancer, and Accident Insurance
- Employee Referral Incentive
- Paid Time Off
- Products at Cost ($.10/lb. over cost or $1.00/case over
- Turkey for Thanksgiving
- Prime Roast for Christmas
- Ham for Easter
- Christmas Party
- Safety Shoes ProgramTo view other positions for which you may
qualify, please click on the link below and feel free to share it
with family and
Keywords: PRIME SOURCE FOODS, Hartford , FIELD SALES REP HARTFORD, CT, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!