Extended Day Treatment Supervisor
Company: The Village For Families & Children
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Starting annual salary $40,000
Coordinate and supervise milieu activities, sometimes across
different sites, to ensure consistency of practice and program
standards. Coordinate transportation. Team with Clinical and Child
Development Staff (CDS) to plan for family programming. Supervise
CDS. Ensure staffing to meet required ratios. Work directly in
milieu, providing support and oversight to staff, children and
- Securing the safety of children in all situations.
- Learning, adhering to, and implementing agency and department
policies and procedures.
- Direct supervision of Child Development Staff through
individual supervision, online supervision and group
- Assuring adequate staff coverage at all times.
- Participating in hiring, training and evaluating CDS and other
staff as applicable.
- Identifying and encouraging CDS staff to pursue personal and
professional development opportunities (i.e. specialized training,
- Providing appropriate feedback and coaching to Child
Development staff on an on-going basis.
- Ensuring that staff maintain an atmosphere in which racial,
cultural, ethnic, gender and physical differences are respected and
- Ensuring activities are planned, posted, and facilitated daily.
Also, that activities are therapeutic and take into account
children's individual goals.
- Assisting the team in maintaining a family friendly culture
which engages families in multiple facets of treatment.
- Leading staff meetings on a rotating basis, contributing to
improvements in programming and resolution of problems.
- Assuring that Agency and Program Procedures are followed in
emergency situations including engaging in problem solving and
crisis management as needed.
- Serving a healthy role model to staff, children, and parents,
exemplifying the philosophy, goals, values, policies and procedures
that guide the daily operation of EDT.
- Modeling cooperative, customer friendly working relationships
with DCF, Village staff, teachers and other professionals.
- Submitting invoices and payments for milieu related activities
in a timely manner.
- Working with children and program staff by co-leading
activities and co-facilitating therapeutic groups.
- Maintaining appropriate certifications (e.g. Public Service
License, First Aid, TCI).
- Writing necessary reports as required.
- Providing a strong physical presence, by coordinating schedule
to coincide with peak hours of need of Child Development Staff.
Experience and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in comparable setting, i.e.
level of care and development level, including 1 year
- Ability to work in a team environment, good problems solving
skills, solid computer skills, ability to set limits and maintain
the helping role of the practitioner.
- Valid driver's license and the capacity to attain or maintain a
Public Service License, Medication Administration Certification,
Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Certification, American Red Cross
First Aid and CPR Certification, Defensive Driving Certification,
Safe Food Handling Certification.
- Knowledge of basic child development, issues related to the
effects of abuse and neglect.
- Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Possess solid general computer skills, including ability to work in
a Windows XP environment. Familiarity with specific applications
used by the Village a plus.
- Must be able to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary
- Must be culturally competent to serve a diverse
- Must have the ability to manage stress and to respond to
emergency situations safely and calmly.
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the
position, with or without reasonable accommodations, including
ability to supervise groups of children and perform physical
intervention if required; and to drive a passenger vehicle of up to
Keywords: The Village For Families & Children, Hartford , Extended Day Treatment Supervisor, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!