Company: Mercy Housing & Shelter Corp
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Community Housing Advocates An Affiliate of Mercy Housing &
Shelter Corp. and My Sisters' PlaceJob Title: Administrative
Assistant (MSP)Department: Supportive Housing ServicesReports To:
Team SupervisorFLSA Status: Non-Exempt PHI Access Code Level 2
Scheduled Work Times/Locations:Monday - Friday, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Location: 76 Pliny Street Hartford, CT Job Summary: The
Administrative Assistant will work to support the Mission of My
Sisters' Place which is committed to ending homelessness and
empowering women, families, and others in Greater Hartford to
achieve independence and stability in their communities by
providing housing and supportive services.
- Performs routine clerical and administrative functions such as
drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing, and
maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to
- Filing and preparing mailings.
- Greets and welcomes visitors. Answers the telephone.
- Organizes and maintains files, correspondence, and the
- Anticipates & secures materials needed for meetings,
presentations, and reports
- Manage various databases to assure they are accurate and
- Responsible for special projects as assigned; develops
timelines for completion.
- Helps streamline practices, processes, and procedures for the
continuous improvement of the departments.
- Responsible for keeping and producing information that supports
the programs. Assist clients as needed.
- Attend weekly team meetings. Discussions with team members
regarding recovery and trauma-oriented care.
- Provide back-up to other team members as needed.
- Other duties as appropriate and assigned. Required
- Documentation skills including good oral and written
comprehension, computer literacy, accurate and timely documentation
and record keeping abilities.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills and develop sound
reasoning/logic when formulating solution focused treatment
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize flow of work,
ability to motivate clients. Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree (A.S.) from four-year college/university or
two-three years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience, preferably with homeless
persons, persons with mental illness and/or substance abuse.
- Bi-Lingual, Spanish/English preferred Licenses and
- Must have valid Connecticut driver's license and clean driving
record with proof of automobile insurance.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required. Compensation &
- $17-$19 per hour, based on experience plus generous incentive
- Community Housing Advocates provides a generous employee
benefits package, including medical, dental, retirement, short- and
long-term disability, and tuition reimbursement. Full-time
employees receive generous PTO (paid time off) per year, plus 12
paid holidays. Physical Demands:
- The physical demands associated with the essential functions of
this job are intermittent physical activity, such as walking,
sitting and occasional lifting, stooping, bending, and
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. CHA, My
Sisters' Place and Mercy Housing and Shelter Corporation is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Mercy Housing & Shelter Corp, Hartford , Administrative Assistant, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!