Posted on: March 15, 2023
Description:Our facility is seeking 3 Welders to join the shop.
Our candidates will weld together metal components of products such
as structural steel, stairs and rails with electric flux core
arc-welding equipment by performing the following duties:
- Threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage,
slope, and pulse, as specified by Welding Engineer or Welding
- Starts power supply to produce electric current.
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit
metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of workpiece.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining
length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of
fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and
size of molten puddle.
- Welds in flat and horizontal.Additional Skills &
- High School Diploma, GED and/or Vocational School
- 1 year of manufacturing related experience or technical
schooling highly desired.
- Basic shop math, reading, writing, and interpret English, basic
mechanical skills, effectively utilize lifting devices, ability to
interpret shop paperwork and work instructions, ability to verify
log and procedures for accuracy
- Skills Desired: strong attention to detail, ability to
multitask, good communications skills About Aerotek: We know that a
company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an
individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a
Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at The company is an equal opportunity
employer and will consider all applications without regards to
race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Hartford , Welder, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...