Company: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Position Summary:A Construction Laborer position includes
various manual tasks associated with construction operations.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and
procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near
misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value " Safety,
first in everything we do.
- Must understand and comply with all Company safety policies and
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible
- Excavate by hand ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or
compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks,
shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as
concrete wall sections or pipes.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or
tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to
project plans or specifications.
- Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws,
- Complete equipment reports on rack truck, compressors.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the procedures to use
the tools and equipment safely and properly.
- Organize and maintain tool trailers in a neat and orderly
- Must have 2-5 years of Heavy/Civil Construction
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions.
- Maintain good health status and flexibility to bend, push,
pull, stoop and/or twist.
- Must be able to perform strenuous work in varying weather
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities
and management styles.
- Team player and with strong interpersonal and verbal
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Strong commitment to success of all.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate the upmost professionalism in how you represent
- Show quality in everything you do.
- Lead with integrity while producing high quality work.The
Middlesex Corporation is an -----Equal Opportunity
Employer---"Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons---
-SAFELY Building America------s Infrastructure Since 1972Robert W.
Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through
his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence,
the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the
United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and
paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked
by ENR as the 222nd largest contractor in the country out of more
than 35,000 construction companies and 50th of the Top 50 Domestic
Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered
in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven,
Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.The sustained success is a result
of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values
ofSafetyfirst in everything we do,Qualityin all we offer, Integrity
in the way we act and do business,Professionalismin how we
represent ourselves and the company,Strong Work Ethicthat produces
positive results, andCommitmentto the Success of all Team Members
and Stakeholders.Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record
while growing into a diversified -----Top 100 ENR Company--- - and
being recognized as -----One of the Best Places to Work.--- -Please
see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of
this job.Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral ProgramPlease complete the employment
application for consideration of employment with The Middlesex
Corporation.We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a
policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including
race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected
Keywords: The Middlesex Corporation, Hartford , Construction Laborer, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...