Schools - OT
Company: Blazer Jobs
Posted on: May 26, 2023
OT: Occupational Therapist position needed near Hartford, CTfor
the 2023 -2024 School Year. As one of the nation's largest
healthcare staffing companies, we genuinely appreciate the
opportunity to match highly qualified professionals in the
positions that make a difference daily. As a contract employee, you
will be paid a competitive hourly rate that includes both direct
and indirect services. Weekly hours each week are also guaranteed.
More details about this opening are below. Job Goal: The
Occupational Therapist leads the process of development,
implementation, and coordination of the occupational therapy
program of the assigned school. Professional judgement and clinical
knowledge are used to develop individualized programming based on
occupational performance deficits in the areas of personal care,
student role, interaction skills, process skills, play, community
integration/work and graphic communication. Position
- (30hours a week)
- Dates: 8/14/2023- 5/17/2024
- Caseload: K- 12 (Various school sites throughout the week)
- On-site ONLY
- Needs school experience.
- State Licensure Job Qualifications:
- Requires a Masters Level Degree in Occupational Therapy
- AOTA State Certification
- State License (on hand) Responsibilities:
- Provide informational/consultative services which will enhance
the students ability to benefit from his/her educational
- Evaluate students suspected gross and fine motor disabilities
in the context of an educational model at the assigned
- Document evaluation and relate impact on the educational
performance of students.
- Recommend, establish, provide, and evaluate a course of
interventions specific to the students disability.
- Work collaboratively with the classroom team to develop,
implement, and evaluate classroom based instructional programs for
students in special education classrooms to enhance motor and
sensory skills that will support academic progress.
- Develop and implement an efficient service delivery schedule
including individual, small group, and large group instruction,
co-treat with Speech Language Pathologist staff when appropriate
for individual student needs.
- Develop and implement a data management system to collect and
record on-going student progress toward accomplishment of IEP goals
- Analyze collected data to recommend appropriate techniques,
interventions, and interactions for building staff on behalf of
- Schedule and conduct IEP/evaluation meetings as appropriate and
participate as an IEP team member/evaluation group member in a
timely, professional manner.
- Make referrals to support services when appropriate and
required to meet students IEP goals.
- Provides individual and group professional development on
identified therapeutic topics and strategies, as necessary and
- Work cooperatively with a building team, other OTs, and
Physical Therapists, and/or other Special Services staff from
across the district as necessary for student and program
- Act as a liaison for implementation of therapies and maintains
communication between the building principal, teachers, and Special
- Supervise work of Certificated Occupational Therapy Assistant
staff as assigned.
- Maintain OT equipment and manage repairs as needed.
- Maintain all required paperwork, physical and electronic, to
ensure compliance and in accordance with records retention
- Attend staff and other professional meetings as may be assigned
- Connect building staff to resources required for successful
implementation of therapeutic practices to support student
- Demonstrate positive relationship skills with students,
parents, and district staff, maintaining ongoing and open
- Continue to improve methods and techniques through ongoing
professional development and keep abreast of current therapeutic
innovations through professional literature.
- Use technology and computer software for communication,
presentations, trainings, and workshops.
- Possess knowledge of and adhere to Governing Policies and
District Regulations and Procedures.
- Participate in special projects as assigned and perform related
duties and key responsibilities consistent with the scope and
intent of the position. Benefits and Compensation:
- Weekly competitive compensation (W-2)
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
Keywords: Blazer Jobs, Hartford , Schools - OT, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...