Sr. Consultant, Actuarial & Analytics
Posted on: June 30, 2020
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent
record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers
- and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to
be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a
Target Openings1Job Description SummaryBusiness Insurance,
Actuarial Product is seeking a Sr. Consultant to join the State &
Bureau Regulatory Affairs team. This role involves working across
many lines of business to support the filed rating plans. The role
offers exposure to many enterprise disciplines and has involvement
with many different groups across Travelers. It affords the
opportunity to establish relationships with the field, pricing
managers, regional and lead business unit actuaries, enterprise
product, systems personnel and compliance areas. The position
requires an individual with excellent communication,
problem-solving skills, and attention to detail. Candidate will be
responsible for routine projects as well as leading more complex
research or rate plan management initiatives.
The Sr. Consultant, Actuarial and Analytics is an analytic role
that encompasses the personal ownership of operational assignments
and support of strategic assignments which may include reserving,
rate-making, pricing, planning/forecasting, project management and
research. The individual in this role is expected to have a high
level of partnership within assigned unit and across projects, and
be an influential member of project teams, providing analytical
insights to leadership and Business unit partners. The Sr.
Consultant, Actuarial and Analytics will work on assignments
requiring knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following
areas: Actuarial techniques and/or research methods Statistical
analyses Foundational business knowledge Line of Business
knowledgePrimary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate on strategic projects with execution responsibility
for assigned project sub-components.
- Recommend and execute solutions for assigned project to resolve
challenges of an initiative.
- Execute work thoughtfully and efficiently as a team member to
improve project team performance and timelines.
- This position may participate on cross-unit and Enterprise
- Independently refresh actuarial and analytic analyses, perform
new analysis with guidance, and begin to apply judgment.
- Support and begin to drive components of unit initiatives.
- Begin to take accountability for process efficiencies within
- Provide support as necessary for initiatives across the
Enterprise within the scope of influence.
- Communicates progress, findings and results to manager and
- Communicates technical topics to primary working group.
- Actively participates in group discussions.
- Provides formal written communication such as memos or
presentations with supervision.
- May be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic
talent within assigned Segment.
- Onboard new employees and interns in unit.
- Support various training and skill development initiatives
across assigned Segment and the Enterprise.
- May provide support for recruiting efforts and candidate talent
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1 year of experience in quantitative analysis required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 3 or more Actuarial exams preferred.
- College degree in STEM related field.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office), basic programming skills (eg.
- 2+ years of quantitative analysis experience preferred.
- Developing understanding of insurance products and
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Development of Leading Self, exhibiting self-awareness and
seeking opportunities to learn while also starting to manage
- Initial development of Leading Others, including
mentoring/training team members.
- Initial development of Leading the Business, including being a
positive member of the Enterprise culture.
- Business Acumen:
- Has an understanding and knowledge of a few basic key business
drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products,
reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim,
- Able to effectively utilize this business knowledge in
developing analytic solutions.
- Has a foundational perspective of certain areas of the industry
and developing trends such as: technology, analytic methodology,
products and performance of competitors.
- Is familiar with a couple other key business drivers and
- Relationship Management:
- Begin to develop professional business relationships across the
BI&AA community within Segment.
- Generate and solicit ideas.
- Quantitative Analysis:
- Able to use appropriate tools to compile and analyze data
- Perform basic-level analytics working more independently and
effectively with awareness of materiality and reasonability,
foreseeing more next steps.
- May perform technical review of unit work product.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal
Keywords: Travelers, Hartford , Sr. Consultant, Actuarial & Analytics, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!