Regional Operations Manager- Connecticut
Company: Dandelion Energy
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Our Regional Operations Manager is responsible for managing
Dandelion's Operations in Connecticut, and is instrumental to the
success of our Geothermal System installations. This is a fantastic
opportunity for an entrepreneurial and results-oriented
professional to help shape the way our teams execute and install in
a scalable repeatable way while maintaining quality and customer
centric approach.What you'll do:
- Coordinate and oversee the scale-up of a new operations center
- Start from an empty warehouse and scale up to a fully
functioning operations center
- Work together with our Supply Chain team to prepare the
warehouse for office and warehouse occupancy
- Make initial hiring decisions to form crews and start
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Dandelion's regional
installation center including responsibility for:
- Develop a monthly project plan (i.e. total heat pumps
installed) in collaboration with key Dandelion stakeholders.
- Execute against that plan by closely monitoring installation
performance to ensure projects and the business are on track to
meet our goals.
- Identify and implement business changes and process
improvements to increase operational efficiency (i.e. increased
throughput, zero punch-list) in collaboration with installation
crews and Dandelion stakeholders.
- Review project scopes, allocated labor hours, and site specific
conditions with the crew lead in advance of project start date to
identify and eliminate difficulties with executing on time and
- Ensure the crews are set up with the tools and materials to do
their job safely, efficiently, and with high quality.
- Track daily project progress and close-out procedures to ensure
projects are being successfully closed out by crew leads.
- Create, track, and coordinate closure of project punch-list
- Manage customer communication and escalations with a high
degree of customer service while a project is actively being
- Deliver a weekly "toolbox talk" in the warehouse to deliver
important safety and quality information to all crews.
- Ensure crews are properly trained and performing work safely in
collaboration with Dandelion's Safety Coordinator.
- Enforce continuous quality improvement in collaboration with
Dandelion's in-house engineering and installation experts.
- Directly manage crew members; heat pump installers, drillers,
- Hire, coach, and provide ongoing performance assessment of each
- Develop crew leadership skills to take on more project planning
responsibilities and ownership.
- Overall revenue, costs, and expenses (P&L) of Dandelion's
regional installation center.
- Installation throughput
- Job preparation
- Job Close-out
- Safety and Quality
- Personnel ManagementWho you are
- 5+ years managing trades people in a production oriented
environment; i.e. meeting quotas, driving daily performance,
following/developing standards and protocols.
- Experience with residential or commercial HVAC, plumbing, and
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading a group of
people toward a common goal.
- High sense of responsibility for the success of your regional
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and integrate new information.
- Excellent ability to identify problems and take effective
action to minimize impact.
- Strong problem solving and action/solutions orientation.
- construction is ideal but expertise is not a requirement.
- Fluent in working and collaborating via email/Slack, project
management software, word, and spreadsheet documents.
- Comfortable with significant growth and overall business
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based
coursesYou'll love working at Dandelion because:We're solving the
world's hardest problems. You'll have the opportunity to pioneer
renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally).
There's no established playbook for fighting climate change, so
your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner
world.We're good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are
passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with
kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.We hold
each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our
losses. We're honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas
of the business, every day - not just at our monthly all-hands
meeting.********************************Home geothermal technology
was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach
widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient
than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using
oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may
only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them
with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill
set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify
and manage inefficiencies at scale.That's where Dandelion
Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google's X
Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling
affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process
from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City
and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors
including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with
participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well
as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
Keywords: Dandelion Energy, Hartford , Regional Operations Manager- Connecticut, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!