Sr Consultant, Business Performance Analytics
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Sr Consultant, Business Performance Analytics Job ID: R-5720
Job Category: Bus Intelligence & Management Information
Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: Saint Paul, MN,
Posted Date: February 13, 2021
Apply Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Target Openings 1
Job Description Summary We are hiring for a Sr Consultant, Business
Performance Analytics for our Information Management and Analytics
(IM&A) Business Partnerships team. This role will have
responsibility for all Middle Market work intake and prioritization
into IM&A to support their business data and analytics needs.
This position will also be responsible for the business performance
analytics needs for Middle Market. The individual in this role will
act as a DBT member of the agile team. They will understand and
support the strategies and needs of the markets with data,
analytics and tool development. They will be responsible for the
execution of development of assets, including coordination with
developers and partnering with other teams across the organization.
Candidates should have strong communication and relationship
building skills. They will also support business test & learns and
data discovery work. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses analytics to explain business results, monitor business
strategies and identify actionable opportunities
- Uses data visualization and storytelling skills to effectively
communicate insights and help influence decision/outcomes.
- With some direction, leverages industry best practices, market
data and technology trends to identify business opportunities.
- Effectively works with cross functional teams on varying
- Provides information that can help influence business strategy
and help to prioritize investments based on translating insights to
- Collaborates with IT and data management teams to ensure
correct data is persisted for business critical analysis
- Collaborates with IT, Actuarial, Operations, Finance, Data
Management and Claim functional areas.
- Can manipulate raw data and work towards the ultimate design
required to meet business requests.
- Interprets data to recognize patterns and analyze trends.
- Completes reasonability and validation tests with
- Supports Proofs of Concept to inform business strategies.
- Monitors performance indicators and identifies possible
- Supports assessment of the financial impact of recommendations.
- Two years of business analytics experience required. Education,
Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 3+ years of analytics or related experience preferred.
- 3+ years working successfully with Microsoft office products or
similar products preferred.
- Exposure and working knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL
- General knowledge of analytic concepts preferred.
- Experience with Descriptive Analytic practices and processes
- Working business knowledge preferred.
- Developing knowledge of insurance products/concepts
- Experience working on teams preferred.
- General knowledge of the main features of the collection of
data and the relationship of data. Job Specific Technical Skills &
- General understanding of the business functions of businesses
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication skills.
- Intermediate ability to work independently and as part of a
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and
overall business strategies.
- Intermediate ability to see tasks to completion.
- Intermediate Computer Skills in Excel and basic skills in
database programming language and/or related applications.
- Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
Employment Practices Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We
value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to
our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways
from our differences.-- If you have questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you. Travelers reserves the right to fill this position
at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
Careers at Travelers When you work at Travelers, life's most
important moments become your life's work. That means helping
families feel secure, businesses to prosper, knowing that you've
made a difference, and feeling like you belong to something bigger.
It also means being part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented
and passionate people that are evolving to meet changing needs -
from customer service to data science and beyond. If that's more
than you imagined in an insurance career, it's time to join us at
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Sr Consultant, Business Performance Analytics, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!