Sr. Analytics Architect - Remote
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Company Summary Taking care of our customers, our communities
and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Target Openings 1Job Description Summary You will enjoy working
in a fast-paced, agile environment automating workflows and
streamlining processes where you can expand your learning and apply
new technologies. You will be learning and be challenged with the
interesting and complex Claim environment and you will be
architecting and designing technical solutions while driving
adoption of new technologies and design patterns. You will be part
of a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals who are
leading Travelers' digital transformation journey and working on
systems that deliver and drive Travelers business value.If
YOU...--- Are a passionate technology professional who enjoys
solving complex puzzles.--- Pride yourself on being a quick
learner.--- Are comfortable with ambiguity.--- Understand business
challenges and can develop long-term, sustainable technical
solutions. --- Have an Agile mindset and are value-focused and
guided by the Lean-Agile principles.--- Have the desire to be a
lifelong learner, enjoy sharing your knowledge by coaching others,
and enable others to continuously improve through mentorship.---
Above all, measure your own success by the success of your team and
the satisfaction you being to our customersYour DAY...
- You will design solutions to support the analytic and
information delivery needs of our customers enabling them to have
the insights they need.
- You will explore technology and design patterns that will
enable us to maintain our competitive edge in the digital
- You will be able to influence and set technical direction for
our Agile Teams.
- You will have the freedom to be open-minded, creative and
- You will design solutions for new and exciting capabilities
that will enable our customers to be better connected and engaged
with the claim process.
- You will have the autonomy to explore new processes, especially
in the spirit of Agile - do what works, try new things, and stop
doing things that don't work. Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or
information architecture required.Education, Work Experience, &
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or
information architecture preferred.Job Specific Technical Skills &
Competencies Technical Knowledge:
- Ability to serve as a senior technologist and architectural
advisor directly influencing a large information technology
organization via your strong technical leadership.
- Ability to perform as a lead technologist to masterfully assess
and design applications, systems solutions, and interfaces for
- Proven ability to create an architecture solution in alignment
with the reference architecture and utilize foundational services
to address the quality attributes (non-functional requirements) of
- Ability to learn the latest technologies and be self-started in
running proof of concepts to determine how they can be applied to
solve needs within the organization
- Skilled with broad, conceptual understanding of the technology
architecture trends and directions coupled with demonstrated
technical mastery for technologies, frameworks, and/or
- Ability to influence and set technical direction.
- Skilled at contributing and communicating your expert knowledge
of applications/systems and concepts to a broader audience.
- Ability to architect end-to-end solutions across distributed,
host and business intelligence environments
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience a plus
- Ability to influence teams to a future state while
understanding the need to make practical decisions along the way.
Strong ability to create a following amongst a technical
- Strong skills and experience in data manufacturing, data
warehouse, data marts and information deliveryTechnology:
- Strong technical skills in middleware, integration (ETL),
security, cloud, deployment and configuration
- Working knowledge of emerging business intelligence and
analytic capabilities (e.g. Big Data, machine learning, in memory
analytics, augmented analytics, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, Snowflake, Data Bricks, Talend, Qlik
Sense, MicroStrategy a plusTeam Orientation:
- Maintains partnerships across the organization, and is able to
influence senior management, peers and staff through an inclusive
style and recognition of their abilities to achieve results.
- The success of the team is above own interest.Self-Management:
- Manages functional objectives and priorities supporting
multiple assigned business units.
- Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for setting
priorities and decision-making using generally accepted
- Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification
according to predefined objectives
- Commitment to Quality Result:
- Creates an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt
with professionally, and in a timely manner.
- Suggests solutions that make sense and are in line with future
- Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with
- Demonstrates an adaptive style that is flexible and effective
in gaining cooperation of others.
- Anticipates and responds to management requests for information
with timely, accurate findings.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Develops operational plans and provides resource estimation for
- Proposes plans of action that are timely, realistic and
- Sets appropriate goals for projects, and monitors progress
against the plan.
- Financial Awareness:
- Understands, has input to the budget process, and is
responsible for cost-effective expense control of assigned
projects.Employment Practices Travelers is an equal opportunity
employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual
brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in
numerous ways from our differences.If you have questions regarding
the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so
we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right to fill this
position at a level above or below the level included in this
posting. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Travelers, Hartford , Sr. Analytics Architect - Remote, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!