Sr Market Analyst, Select
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Job ID: R-6576
Job Category: Product Management/Pricing
Location: Hartford, CT
Posted Date: March 24, 2021
Apply Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Target Openings 1
Job Description Summary This position in Select Accounts (Business
Insurance) will develop data and analytics that support growth and
profitability in a region, or part of a region. This role requires
a detailed analysis of product, pricing, and growth at a
countrywide, regional, and state level. This position will support
and collaborate closely with field leadership and within Product
Management in the formulation and implementation of state
strategies through increased analysis and focus on competitor
behaviors, marketplace dynamics, pricing segmentation, and line and
segment level analysis. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manipulate and gather data/information.
- Recommend and implement improvement to procedures/workflow
between functions and field office.
- Influence, collaborate and recommend discussions with business
- Take on a leadership role in the management of a countrywide
line of business.
- Develop increasing understanding of interacting variables in
- Provide recommendations using analysis and interpretation of
rates, data, and trends.
- Take a leadership role in the development of workflow practices
across Select Product Management that reduce redundancy and
- Create and maintain a collaborative relationship with field
partners that supports local strategies.
- Train, assimilate, and formally mentor new team members.
- One year of experience in data analytics required.
- Thorough Knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word,
Powerpoint) required. Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in business management, mathematics,
management information, finance, actuarial science, economics or
other analytics related field preferred.
- 2 years' experience working in financial services industry
- General knowledge of Commercial Lines products and
- Working knowledge of Pricing and Actuarial techniques. Job
Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Self Starter with Ability to Prioritize Multiple
- Strong Critical Thinking Skills - Able to take limited
conceptual direction and deliver high quality work on time.
- Strong Analytical Ability - Displays a high proficiency in
ability to analyze data/information.
- Problem Solving Skills - Strong Verbal and Written
- Action Oriented.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with business
partners including business service centers, information
technology, claim, actuarial, etc.
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills.
- Negotiation and Influential Ability.
- Demonstrated Leadership Behaviors. Environmental / Work
Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally Employment Practices
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
differences.-- If you have questions regarding the physical
requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist
you. Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting. Careers at
Travelers When you work at Travelers, life's most important moments
become your life's work. That means helping families feel secure,
businesses to prosper, knowing that you've made a difference, and
feeling like you belong to something bigger. It also means being
part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented and passionate people
that are evolving to meet changing needs - from customer service to
data science and beyond. If that's more than you imagined in an
insurance career, it's time to join us at Travelers.
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Sr Market Analyst, Select, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!