Facultative Reinsurance Claims Consultant
Company: Marsh and McLennan
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Facultative Reinsurance Claims Consultant Guy Carpenter is the
world's premier reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to
leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering
integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and
advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading
relationships with reinsurance markets around the world. We
currently have an opening for an exceptional individual to join the
CSS team. The role can be located in Hartford, CT; Hoboken, NJ or
Philadelphia, PA. What can you expect?Client Support Services (CSS)
is comprised of global service teams who are assigned to specific
client (customer) accounts to handle contracts, claims and
accounting. The Facultative Reinsurance Claims Consultant is
responsible for technical processing of claims for specifically
assigned client accounts ensuring strict compliance with Guy
Carpenter's operational guidelines. What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued
partnership with HR from the business
- Competitive pay, full benefits package - starting day one
(medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, generous 401k
match AND automatic contribution
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick, company holidays and
time to give back to your community
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders,
relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions
with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations We
will count on you to:
- Management of assigned client portfolio. Duties to support
client base will include all transactional processing, follow up
and securing of reinsurance claims and collateral transactions with
timely/accurate system entry of all assigned client activity.
- Work with other areas to support collection and cash
application initiatives as required.
- Manage settlement of funds to and from Client in a timely
manner ensuring all applicable payment warranties and/or conditions
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed accurately and in
accordance with Service Level Attributes (SLAs).
- Provide detailed information on client specific c laims
activities to support client sales opportunities.
- Develops strategy to carry out reinsurance audit/reviews with
clients and reinsurers and reviews open claims and/or premium
activity, reconciles records in order to facilitate the
review/audit process to ensure process quality.
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients
and Markets. Understand their issues and working practices in order
to resolve problems and/or queries.
- Participate and support manager in team meetings and activities
to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintaining
strong working relationships and actively contributing to deliver
- Counsels peers on difficult or contentious reinsurance
developments, supporting and providing training, mentoring and
guidance within the team and/or department for all aspects of
reinsurance service processing to assist with trouble shooting and
to develop team resources.
- Support, assist and provide guidance to less experienced
Colleagues as needed. What you need to have:
- 4 Year College Degree (B.S. or B.A) and/or 2-5 years of
equivalent professional work experience in insurance, reinsurance
or risk management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance
team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and
solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations
of all Clients and Stakeholders.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and
verbal, delivering clear and concise messages and at all times
promoting and enhancing the Guy Carpenter brand.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with
facts and information.
- Strong ability to quickly assess and offer effective solutions
to problems efficiently.
- Ability to make sound judgements independently while knowing
when to bring situations to the attention of Management.
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with Clients, Markets
and Colleagues in a professional manner.
- Consistently provide guidance by mentoring and/or training
- Consistently deliver superior client service. What makes you
- 5 + years of reinsurance/insurance, accounting/claims or
- Strong knowledge of reinsurance concepts and principles, laws
and regulatory requirements (i.e., FATCA, etc.) and general
- Strong track record of successful client account management,
relationship management, engagement and development.
- Strong verbal and writing skills for complex communications
(presentations, negotiations, etc.) with clients, markets and GC
colleagues at all levels. GUY CARPENTER Guy Carpenter & Company,
LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more
than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy
Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise,
trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics
to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve
profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh & McLennan
Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services
firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's
75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With
annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps
clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment
through four market-leading companies including Marsh , Mercer and
Oliver Wyman . For more information, visit and follow Guy Carpenter
on LinkedIn and Twitter #LI-KS1 #reinsurance
Keywords: Marsh and McLennan, Hartford , Facultative Reinsurance Claims Consultant, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!