Sr. Consultant, Actuarial & Analytics, PI Reserving
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a
nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries
for this role across the country. The actual salary for this
position will be determined by a number of factors, including the
scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education,
training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other
conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation
and benefits program, employees are also eligible for
performance-based cash incentive awards.
$80,800.00 - $133,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Personal Insurance is looking for an analytical and highly
motivated individual to join our Reserving team! This position will
primarily focus on evaluating the adequacy of loss reserves for
Auto and Property. An individual that has a desire and passion for
performing complex analysis to understand underlying drivers of
loss activity and trends will be keys for success in the role. This
position will collaborate and communicate with many business
functions and partners, such as Claim, Actuarial Pricing, Claim
Analytics, and Finance.
The Sr. Consultant, Actuarial and Analytics is an analytic role
that encompasses the personal ownership of operational assignments
and support of strategic assignments which may include reserving,
rate-making, pricing, planning/forecasting, project management and
research. The individual in this role is expected to have a high
level of partnership within assigned unit and across projects, and
be an influential member of project teams, providing analytical
insights to leadership and Business unit partners. The Sr.
Consultant, Actuarial and Analytics will work on assignments
requiring knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following
areas: Actuarial techniques and/or research methods, Statistical
analyses, Foundational business knowledge, Line of Business
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate on strategic projects with execution responsibility
for assigned project sub-components.
- Recommend and execute solutions for assigned project to resolve
challenges of an initiative.
- Execute work thoughtfully and efficiently as a team member to
improve project team performance and timelines.
- This position may participate on cross-unit and Enterprise
- Independently refresh actuarial and analytic analyses, perform
new analysis with guidance, and begin to apply judgment.
- Support and begin to drive components of unit initiatives.
- Begin to take accountability for process efficiencies within
- Provide support as necessary for initiatives across the
Enterprise within the scope of influence.
- Communicates progress, findings and results to manager and
- Communicates technical topics to primary working group.
- Actively participates in group discussions.
- Provides formal written communication such as memos or
presentations with supervision.
- May be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic
talent within assigned Segment.
- Onboard new employees and interns in unit.
- Support various training and skill development initiatives
across assigned Segment and the Enterprise.
- May provide support for recruiting efforts and candidate talent
assessment efforts.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1 year of experience in quantitative analysis required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 3 or more Actuarial exams preferred.
- College degree in STEM related field.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office), basic programming skills (eg.
- 2+ years of quantitative analysis experience preferred.
- Developing understanding of insurance products and
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Development of Leading Self, exhibiting self-awareness and
seeking opportunities to learn while also starting to manage
- Initial development of Leading Others, including
mentoring/training team members.
- Initial development of Leading the Business, including being a
positive member of the Enterprise culture.
- Has an understanding and knowledge of a few basic key business
drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products,
reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim,
- Able to effectively utilize this business knowledge in
developing analytic solutions.
- Has a foundational perspective of certain areas of the industry
and developing trends such as: technology, analytic methodology,
products and performance of competitors.
- Is familiar with a couple other key business drivers and
- Begin to develop professional business relationships across the
BI&AA community within Segment.
- Generate and solicit ideas.
- Quantitative Analysis:
- Able to use appropriate tools to compile and analyze data
- Perform basic-level analytics working more independently and
effectively with awareness of materiality and reasonability,
foreseeing more next steps.
- May perform technical review of unit work product.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Sr. Consultant, Actuarial & Analytics, PI Reserving, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!