Posted on: August 2, 2022
Company: US1225 FreshPoint Connecticut, LLCZip Code:06114Minimum
Level of Education:Bachelor's DegreeMinimum Years of Experience:5
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: Up to 50% JOB
SUMMARY The Safety Manager is responsible for leading the
implementation of prevention-focused Environmental, Health and
Safety (EHS) and security programs. The position will establish,
execute and deliver an OpCo-specific strategy that supports Sysco's
overall EHS objectives, including security and crisis preparedness
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management
for major programs and projects.
- Develops, implements, and administers success of the FreshPoint
Safe Program, including maintaining a high level of safety
- Hire review, coach, and develop the position of safety
specialist. Monitoring work, adherence to policy and safety
requirement. Issuing discipline when necessary.
- Review the team's CMP's regularly to ensure they are on track
to meet their goals.
- Monitors the safety system and submits appropriate reports to
management on a timely basis.
- Investigates accidents to identify causes and determines how
such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Maintains accident records, according to OSHA guidelines (OSHA
- Develops, implements, and conducts safety awareness training
for managers, supervisors, and employees including new hire safety
- Administers and implements compliance programs required by OSHA
and any state-mandated programs.
- Assists department managers in administering and implementing
compliance programs for the Department of Transportation (DOT)
(with Manager, Routing/Delivery), EPA (with Manager,
- Responsible for communication with agencies and successfully
passing internal and external audits.
- Support creation of EHS goals for the site management and
appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team,
functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS
culture, compliance and results QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)Experience
- 5 years of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) management
- Ability to drive a proactive safety culture.
- Excellent communication and employee relations skills.
- Ability to analyze and independently solve a variety of
difficult situations and problems.
- Effectively using time and resources to accomplish overall
initiatives and program goals.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information
on Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com HOW WE
PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES COVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW: Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: FreshPoint, Hartford , Safety Manager, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!