Company: United Health Systems
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition: ECG Technician Location: Hartford, CT
Duration: 13 weeks assignment Shift timing: 12hr PM Department:
EEG/General/Neuro diagnostics LabJob Description:ECG Rhythm
- Provides continuous ECG monitoring and interpretation for
patients on telemetry
- Observes ECG rhythms on the telemetry monitor
- Interprets ECG rhythm and documents interpretation
- Runs strip for each telemetry patient every four (4) hours
- Interprets strip and labels rhythm
- Places strip in assigned location for review by patient's nurse
- Notifies staff in a prompt and timely manner regarding changes
in patient's heart rate, rhythm, oxygen saturation level or other
pertinent patient information.
- Provides documentation of change, placing rhythm strips in the
- Provides trending information from monitors as requested
- Accurately labels all rhythm stripsEquipment & Supply
- Maintains equipment and supplies for the telemetry system.
- Monitors equipment daily and assures ordering of supplies on a
- Cleans lead wires and transmitters after each patient's use and
return them to storage.
- Promptly notifies Biomedical engineering personnel of
malfunction problems with equipment.Emergency Response:
- Recognize the need to escalate to RRT or #1 emergency
- Performs full disclosure of patient's rhythms.
- Notifies Risk Department when necessary.Patient Care:
- Changes in electrodes and batteries
- Complies with confidentiality and privacy requirements in the
care of patients and their records.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of hospital, unit, and
infection control standard
- Maintains professional manner through interactions with
patients' families and peersOther Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth, clinical competence
and continuing education by attending educational activities,
mandatory in-services as well as staff and departmental
- Reviews and updates equipment and skills checklists
- Maintains TB Testing compliance.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities, committees,
- Supports research efforts conducted within the department, and
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Provide walk-in ECG and cardiac device monitoring
- BLS (AHA). Knowledge & experience working with Philips, GE,
&/or Masimo physiological monitors preferred.
- Completion of ECG course. Experience with ECG, Holter, event
monitors and mobile cardiac outpatient telemetry is a must.
- Required: High school diploma, trained in performing 12 lead
ECGs, completion of an Electrocardiogram Technician Training (CVT)
program or equivalent, 3-5 years' experience in a hospital or
- ECG, Holter, and event monitor experience. Also any experience
with Epic EMR is extremely helpful.
Keywords: United Health Systems, Hartford , ECG Technician, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!