Asset Management - Distribution Substations
Company: Eversource Energy
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work
DescriptionRole and Scope of Position:This successful candidate has
the primary responsibility for ensuring that the Eversource
Business Strategy for the asset replacements capital program is
optimally developed to provide the highest levels of system
reliability at lowest possible costs. Specific responsibilities
include developing coordinated programs and budgets, identifying
process improvements with respect to development, approval and
management of projects, providing input to the prioritization of
the capital programs, and developing and maintaining collaborative
working relationships with other functions.Essential
Functions:Capital Program Development:
- Provides input to the development of the capital budget.
- Identifies, initiates, and prioritizes projects for inclusion
in the one-year and five-year Capital Budget Plan.
- Works with Engineering, Project Management, and Cost Estimating
to develop detailed project scope, cost, and schedule.
- Leads interdisciplinary project team to select the best
solution, document alternatives analysis, and present project
approval justifications to the Solution Design Committee and/or
Eversource Project Approval Committee.Transmission and Distribution
- Develops operational strategies for the utilization of asset
resources, considering asset life cycle planning and risk
- Analyzes transmission system reliability, including goal
setting, reporting, and System Operations Review Committee
- Develops and issues system performance measures; identifies
gaps and opportunities for future project performance
- Implements and supports tri-state processes for consistent
collection and management of asset data
- Performs asset data analysis to support Asset Management
strategies and equipment replacement programs.
- Communicates the Asset Management strategy throughout
Eversource and to external parties as necessary.Benchmarking:
- Facilitates benchmarking efforts
- Identifies best practices and opportunities for future
- Oversees the development of asset strategies, tools, and
procedures for managing Substation and Transmission Line
- Knowledge of power system planning, engineering, maintenance,
- Strong background in process improvement.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial, and
industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and
weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop strategies and
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of
Eversources office automation and information systems.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to
facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft
Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL
or similar programming ability) is highly
desirable.Education:Working towards a bachelors degree in
engineering is required. An electrical engineering major is
preferred.Worker Type:Student / Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)Number
of Openings:1EEO StatementEversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.VEVRRA
Federal ContractorVaccination Information:Eversource requires all
new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first
day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance
with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with
Eversources HR department after you have been made a conditional
offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to
discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer
of employment and complies with all applicable laws.Emergency
Response:Responding to emergency situations to meet customers needs
is part of every employees role. If employed, you will be given an
Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to
assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities,
work hours and location.
Keywords: Eversource Energy, Hartford , Asset Management - Distribution Substations, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!