Company: Galaxy Systems
Posted on: January 28, 2023
What You Will Do
Requirements Analysis includes understanding the needs and
requirements, validating those needs and requirements for
completeness, accuracy, consistency, and traceability. - The
systems analyst must also ensure that the requirements meet the
goals and objectives of the project and are necessary to meet the
business needs. - The requirements must be communicated to the
builders of a solution.
To do this, the SA must write system (functional/non-functional)
requirements while understanding the business AND system processes
impacted, the data, and the system, and must also have a good
understanding of how a process fits in within the end to end
process or solution.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving supports effective
identification of business problems, assessment of proposed
solutions to those problems, and understanding of the needs of
stakeholders. Analytical thinking and problem solving involves
assessing a situation, understanding it as fully as possible, and
making judgments about possible solutions to a problem.
- Accountable for continuous improvement related to requirements
best practices, methodologies, and quality of requirements
developed (both business and functional)
- Identify and raise project risks, communicate status, and
identify scope changes to Project managers while helping drive
resolution to open issues.
- Behavioral Characteristics support the development of effective
working relationships with stakeholders and include qualities such
as ethics, trustworthiness, and personal organization.
- Partners with other roles within Core Solutions to ensure
excellent business relationships are built and maintained
- Proponent of change acts as a role model for the Organization,
supporting change and how it influences and enables future growth.
(should this be part of guiding principles vs. in
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key
stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and
approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace;
execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Business Knowledge supports understanding of the environment in
which business analysis is performed and knowledge of general
business principles and available solutions.
- Translates detailed business requirements into
application/functional requirements using accepted, flexible, and
methodologies that drive accuracy while serving as primary point of
contact for facilitating requirement elicitation sessions.
- Partner with Application Architecture team to support effective
resource estimating and sourcing. Includes support of Tier
- Ensures traceability to requirements, and represents business
priority and requirements through all SDLC phases
- Provide input to Business teams for training needs and job aid
creation/updates based on project changes
- Communication Skills support analysts in eliciting and
communicating requirements among stakeholders. Communication skills
address the need to listen to and understand the audience,
understanding how an audience perceives the business analyst,
understanding of the communications objective(s), the message
itself, and the most appropriate media and format for
- Mentor, guide and train Systems Analysts within organization
and across Cigna which includes but not limited peer
- Maintain and file project documentation
- Interaction Skills support the business analyst when working
with large numbers of stakeholders, and involve both the ability to
work as part of a larger team and to help that team reach
decisions. While most of the work of business analysis involves
identifying and describing a desired future state, the business
analyst must also be able to help the organization reach agreement
that the future state in question is desired through a combination
of leadership and facilitation.
- Facilitate joint requirements and knowledge transfer sessions
with business functional areas in order to secure buy-in and
sign-off for deliverables.
- Provide input to User Story creation
- L2 Specifications; Spec by Example
- Provide input to User Story points for planning
- Support Data contracts
Skills and Experience You Will Need
Technical Skills needed to support functional changes to
applications and understanding of the technology/structure.
- Produce/contribute to system design documents (Functional Spec,
ADS) - does not apply to all SAs
- Produce Supplemental Specifications (Note: this may be optional
and dependent on asset alignment.)
- Support questions around Copybook changes. Familiar with COBOL,
JSON, Open Shift and z/OS.
Who We Are
GalaxE is a professional IT services firm that specializes in
platform-driven solutions and the use of automation to achieve
enterprise business transformation and mission-critical change for
some of the largest companies in the world. Using our proprietary
solution set, GxFource -, we apply machine learning techniques and
predictive analytics tools as part of a broad artificial
intelligence strategy that provides effective impact and
data-driven business transformation.
Since its founding, GalaxE has been dedicated to advancing the
benefits of technology. As we continue that legacy and look to the
future, a focus on business enablement through agile,
cost-efficient, and effective integration of people, process, and
technology anchors our success. We revolutionize change in the
costs of doing business that transform companies and their ability
to leap beyond the competition.
At GalaxE we value people and are committed to diversity and
inclusion where our employees are made to feel comfortable and are
encouraged to be authentic. We focus on cultivating both
traditional IT and non-traditional, new collar, workers through our
Outsource to America -, program.
We are always looking for passionate, entrepreneurial-minded
innovators and disrupters; game-changers that take ownership of the
work they produce and bring it each and every day. Working with
like-minded team members you will get a chance to discover,
develop, and use cutting-edge technologies to transform the way we
deliver creative business solutions.
Sound like you? Join us and find out for yourself what it means for
you, and your career, to be part of the GalaxE team. Let's build
something, together. #WeAreGalaxE
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Prolonged periods of remaining stationary at a desk and working
on a computer
- Must be able to lift to 15 lbs., as needed
- Must be able to work on-site (corporate/client offices), as
needed (not applicable for 100% remote roles)
- Occasionally required to bend, kneel, crouch, and reach
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and
various pieces of office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, the
ability to tolerate fluorescent lighting, and the ability to adjust
Employees must be able to perform the physical requirements of the
position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable
accommodations will be made to enable employees requiring
accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs,
absent undue hardship.
For more information, please visit https://www.galaxe.com/
Keywords: Galaxy Systems, Hartford , System Analyst, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!