Production Support Team Lead
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Hybrid role - Wednesday and Thursday onsitePay Range: $104,500
to $134,450Location: New Haven, CT OverviewThe Production Support
Team Lead assists the Production Support Manager in leading a team
of analysts and programmers who provide Level 2 support for all
applications. The Production Support Team Lead must have an
enterprise view of all systems, how they interface, and how they
impact both internal and external customers and ensure that
incidents are resolved or escalated in accordance with service
level agreements.Core Responsibilities
- Lead the staff and operations for assigned area, including
resource management and performance appraisals. Ensures adherence
to company policy.
- Train or provide appropriate training and development for
employees; provide direction, coach, provide feedback and support,
counsel and motivate employees. Foster a positive, supportive, and
fun work environment while providing opportunity for team members
to try new roles and take on new responsibilities.
- Understand the overall technology landscape including the batch
schedules, system integration points, interfaces, dependencies, and
- Assist the Manger with Triage of incoming incidents and
dispatch them to appropriate staff for resolution.
- Communicate with external vendors to resolve incidents that
- Work with Solution Managers and Service transition to ensure
smooth transition from development to production support.
- Assist with management of the incident tickets assigned to
level 2 support.
- Escalate to level 3 support when appropriate.
- Identify and document incident resolutions which can
transitioned to level 1 support.
- Ensure that incidents are resolved within Service Level
- Regularly review incidents for trends and patterns and make
recommendations further action including retraining, problem
management, or process improvements.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts on identifying improvements
(people, process, tools) aimed at increasing the effectiveness and
efficiency of support activities with a goal of improving time to
- Report promptly to management and business partners regarding
critical outages until resolution.
- Perform job responsibilities of programmer analyst, business
analyst, test analyst, and/or business systems analyst as it
relates to incidents. This includes analysis, requirements
clarification with the business, gap analysis, programming,
testing, and implementation of fixes/small enhancements.
- Ensure that all changes to the staging and production
environment are brought through change control, managed in
alignment with policy and that the process to define standard
change templates is leveraged and followed.
- On-call and/or after-hours work is required. Essential
CompetenciesProfessionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration
and Teamwork, Communication, Flexible and Adapts to Change, Service
to Customers and ClientsAdditional Competencies for managers:
Strategic Planning, Talent Development, LeadershipSkill
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and problem-solving
- Proven experience managing multiple competing priorities
simultaneously, strong prioritization and time management skills,
- Driven to understand bugs/issues and enjoy triaging
- Ability to triangulate problem areas from different data
- Ability to think quickly and decisively Systems/Technical
- Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud
applications, web services, server-side components and APIs
- Understanding of REST & SOAP Web Service, SoapUI, REST API
clients, App Dynamics
- Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Technical understanding of systems, interfaces, and
- Data analysis skills including ability to perform intermediate
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Visio, Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Either Programmer Analyst background or Business Systems
Analyst background in java or open systems. Education and
- BS or BA with emphasis in computer science, information
- 10 or more years related work experience Key Leadership
- Sets a clear strategic direction
- Adapts to change quickly
- Fosters mutual trust
- Follows through on actions, promises, and assignments
- Demonstrates high ethical standards
- Lives, leads, manages, and works with integrity
- Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Leverages the strengths of each team member
- Treats others with respect and empathy
- Creates a working environment that motivates high individual
performance Physical Demands Must be able to remain in a stationary
position for a majority of the workday.
Keywords: Experis, Hartford , Production Support Team Lead, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...