Consultant External Partnerships
Company: The Hartford
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Consultant External Partnerships page is loaded Consultant
External Partnerships Apply locations Hartford, CT time type Full
time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R2312533 You
are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue
meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only
at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that
sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place. The
External Partnership Team has a uniquely designed business model
which supports The Hartford's partnership with our third-party
administrators/vendors, ensuring the adherence to applicable
compliance regulations, agreements, and business rules. We oversee
the end-to-end processes outsourced to these administrators, while
juggling multiple priorities, often competing time commitments and
diverse project loads.If you are an independent worker who enjoys a
fast paced and changing environment, this position is for you!The
Hartford is proud to offer a hybrid work location model that is
designed to support flexibility.WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF
- Own primary accountability for building effective working
relationship with a select number of assigned clients, TPAs and/or
- Effectively monitors the TPAs daily operations, services and
compliance to ensure procedures / functions are in accordance with
The Hartford's contracts and business practices.
- Supporting external partnerships as the lead in identifying and
resolving daily internal and external service and operation
inquiries/activities; involves effectively assessing customer
concerns/needs, business needs and networking with appropriate
resources to provide creative solutions.
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams and resources to
achieve desired business objectives with assigned TPA and/or vendor
while concurrently managing ongoing/daily operational expectations
- Design/implement effective audit programs as required by
regulations and enterprise best practices.
- Ability to answer routine and non-routine questions and
resolve/manage issues across all functional concerns, with a focus
on balancing risk management and operational objectives; includes
GB functions as well as other corporate concerns (e.g. SSRE, THIP,
BRO, legal, compliance, etc.)
- Coordinate verbal and written communications and business
priorities with assigned clients and proactively identify
opportunities, improvement possibilities and practices for optimal
outcomes. Ability to summarize information and make
- Works with external partners on compliance with State
Department of Insurance mandates, policies and procedures and
- Works with external partners and The Hartford Complaint Team to
appropriately respond to all escalated complaints, such as DOI,
Social Media, Consumer Affairs, Executive, Legal, etc. timely and
gather all pertinent information for legal review.
- Works in tandem with the Product team to successfully implement
new product designs and spear-heading the TPA development and
execution of building the programs to support The Hartford's
- Provide training for internal and external partners as
- Participate in project work as requested.
- Works independently under minimum supervision and support from
- Ensure proper implementation and claims adjudication of Group
Benefit contracts with business partners to optimize Group Benefit
claims results to best position our claims and operational
capabilities for competitive and profitable growth.
- Delivers and leads TPA messaging of The Hartford business
decisions and strategies.
- Act as expert claims resource to interpret and communicate
Policy language to ensure accurate claims adjudication with TPAs.
Primary point of contact on Group Benefit claims for
policy/contract interpretation and eligibility, compliance,
pricing, process and financial Issues.
- Applies basic knowledge through advanced learning.
- Appropriately handles moderately complex issues, investigates,
displays expertise, and provides solution options.
- Foundational knowledge of product/service offering and related
- Strong understanding of legal contracts and inherent business
- Acting as a change agent, embracing new procedures, processes
and guidelines; and steering the changes across the appropriate
internal & external partners
- Ownership for final audit reports and related
discussions/action plans to remedy issues; including negotiation of
action plans where needed
- Manage all communications with TPA and/or vendor for evolving
corporate requirements after identifying options and assessing
related implementation risks (for HIG & client)
- Proactively offer insights to client for improved business
practices/processes based on boarder market learnings &
- Traveling up to 25% to complete on site TPA and/or vendor
audits is requiredQualified candidates will have the following
- B.S./B.A. degree or relevant work experience
- Minimum of two years' work experience in a business or
insurance environment working with Third Party Administrators or
- Minimum of two years of Claim Audit experience and strong
knowledge of medical claim coding preferred.
- Candidate must be well organized, have strong interpersonal
skills and self-disciplined with ability to work independently to
carry out result communications and resolutions
- Strong technical skills with a command of Excel and Word
programs required, knowledge of Visio a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Strong demonstrated negotiation skills
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills; able to work
successfully across multiple cross-functional areas to influence
outcomes and drive results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skillsCompensationThe
listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of
similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could
vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors
including but not limited to performance, proficiency and
demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay
is just one component of The Hartford's total compensation package
for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual
bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The
annualized base pay range for this role is:$65,920 - $98,880 Equal
Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age About Us --
- Culture & Employee Insights -- - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
-- - Benefits Consultant Ext Partnerships - WC08BE---Skills:
Similar Jobs (1) Director, Consultant & Broker Relations locations
15 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago
About Us Human achievement is at the heart of what we do.We believe
that with the right encouragement and support, people are capable
of achieving amazing things.We put our belief into action by
ensuring individuals and businesses are well protected, and by
going even further - making an impact in ways that go beyond an
insurance policy.Nearly 19,000 employees use their unique talents
in careers that span a variety of disciplines - from developing the
latest technology to creating and promoting our products to
evaluating future financial risks.We're also committed to programs
that drive education and support volunteerism, which put human
beings first. We do it because it's the right thing to do, and
because when our customers, communities and employees succeed, we
Producer Compensation -
EEO 0:00 -/ - 1:05
Keywords: The Hartford, Hartford , Consultant External Partnerships, Professions , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...