Regional Sales Director - Integrated Risk, Strategic Team
Company: Workiva, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Led by an action-driven leadership team, employees at Workiva
develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the
business market. We firmly believe our people are our greatest
asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to
not only make a difference, but BE the difference. This incredible
culture has earned us a spot on Fortune Magazine's 100 Best
Companies to work for list for the 2nd consecutive year!
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) on Workiva's Integrated Risk
Solutions team will drive sales of our Wdesk platform, services,
and solutions focused on SOX, Audit, and Risk. Working in a
matrixed team environment, the RSD will utilize his/her existing
domain expertise to promote and sell the Integrated Risk focused
solutions to both existing and new customers within an assigned
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for obtaining new
business from Executive level buyers and influencers in either
private or publicly traded companies. Successful candidates will
build relationships and identify Workiva products and services that
meet customer needs to drive customer acquisition within a specific
geography or industry. Sales growth is attained through new
customer subscriptions, professional services, and set up and
- Prospects new business by conducting research to identify key
decision makers and influencers within target accounts
- Works with Sales Development Representatives to generate initial
customer interest to secure an introductory meeting
- Presents to Customers: Uses the facts found in the needs analysis
phase to present a compelling demonstration of the Workiva suite of
products and create a customer belief that they must have Workiva
- Handles Objections: Skillfully probes for objections and removes
obstacles or eliminates barriers to gain commitment; understands
the difference between a stall and an objection
- Closes Sales: Naturally leads the sales process to a close by
demonstrating Workiva superior value proposition
- Negotiates the Sale: Facilitates successful outcomes to optimize
- Reports Customer Contacts: Updates customer relationship
management tools regularly and timely
- Forecasts Sales: Provides consistent and accurate forward-looking
information though pipeline analysis
- Plans Sales Strategy: Plans and executes sales strategy with
purposeful action to complete the sale
- Optimizes Internal Resources: Gathers internal support to pursue
- Prioritizes selling activities and follows through in a timely
- Maintains a strong knowledge of Workiva products through a
commitment to ongoing training
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Understanding of the Software as a Service business model
- Ability to demonstrate various software applications
- Executive presence; ability to communicate at the most senior
- Ability to identify and understand the power of influencers
versus buyers and how to navigate the nuances of each during sales
- Ability to manage multiple transactions at one time
- Ability to manage multiple complex sales cycles
- Ability to negotiate pricing with a focus on retaining value
- 8+ years of solution selling to Executives - Software as a
Service model preferred
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred
- 30% Travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Depending on assigned work location, walking outdoors between
company campus facilities in a variety of weather conditions may be
necessary to perform responsibilities of this position
- Works virtually, residing in the territory
- 30% travel for regular customer meetings and sales calls
WHERE YOU LL WORK
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these
values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team
members, build our products and in the work environment we ve
* CUSTOMER SUCCESS: Always delight our customers.
* TRUST: Rely on each other.
* INTEGRITY: Do the right thing, every time.
* COLLABORATION: Share resources and work together.
* INNOVATION: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
* INCLUSION: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique
culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday.
We give our employees the freedom and resources they need backed by
our culture of collaboration and diverse thought to continue
innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a
wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some
of today s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you ll enjoy:
* FANTASTIC BENEFITS: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
* CASUAL DRESS: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people
wear jeans to the office.
* INVOLVEMENT: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups,
(Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow
(LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide
celebrations, and more
* WORK-LIFE BALANCE: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental
Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside
LEARN MORE: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
Keywords: Workiva, Inc., Hartford , Regional Sales Director - Integrated Risk, Strategic Team, Sales , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!